Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News12 is looking for an experienced , self-motivated and results-driven General Manager to direct and manage the strategy and operations across our seven local news networks. The GM will have overall responsibility for creating, planning, and implementing the strategic, commercial, and editorial direction of the News12 organization, and the ideal candidate should bring both extensive newsroom and business side experience. The GM will directly manage the News12 executive team and news directors, and be responsible for the News12 team of over 370 staff members across the New York tri-state area. This position will be a key member of the Altice News & Advertising (News12, Cheddar, i24, and A4 media) executive team and report to the COO.
● Plan and lead the short and long-term editorial strategy across the network
● Create and implement News12’s mission and set measurable strategic goals and priorities
● P&L and budgeting responsibility for the entire News12 network work closely with Sales & Marketing to identity revenue/sales opportunities and ensure that sponsorships and integrations are properly implemented in a timely manner
● Create a “winning culture” across the networks that promotes great performance and positive morale.
● Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, new distribution, industry developments, and opportunities to innovate and differentiate our programming.
● Leverage analytics and technical capabilities to build audiences, optimize product features and enhance the customer experience.
● Lead the networks strategic viewership growth plan, including the identification of new market opportunities and/or segments.
● Provide visible leadership both inside the station and the community. Develop strong relationships with key clients and business partners.
● Direct all station activities to ensure compliance with government regulations and ensure the protection of all licenses
● Minimum 10 years management experience in news/media – some in local TV
● Minimum 5 years' experience supervising editorial teams
● Significant experience successfully managing a P&L for a growing media organization
● Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
● Demonstrable expertise in setting vision and strategy and motivating teams to achieve results
● Expertise in content and campaign strategy (including social + website), digital advertising, and analytics
● Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills - able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and optimize complex, large-scale business processes
● Strong understanding of news and ratings/performance measurement system
● Technical knowledge of news gathering, production and distribution
● Proven negotiation skills
● Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
● Direct and clear communicator
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.